TopBand: cqww test

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: cqww test
From: vk3ajj@techno.net.au (vk3ajj)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 15:35:05 +1100
Dear Reflectees,

For the second year in a row the CQWW was a wipe-out on the first night
here in Melbourne due to a significant electrical storm. It was not safe to
risk operating until 1400z and even then the static was crashing up to 30db
over s9.

Despite the difficult condx I persisted through to my sunrise and managed
to work 3 new ones in the form of oh0mam, rm6a and oy9jd. Also logged c42a
and 5b4ada who were both Rxing surprisingly well.

The RM6 was using an ER exchange which presumably means he was in Moldavia?
Can anyone confirm if this was indeed an ER station and if so what his qsl
route may be.

The 8q7 was also good copy but I had worked him earlier in the week and did
not want to try dupe him during the test due to heavy qrn my end.

Absolutely nothing heard from the Carribean on the second night and ys1x
did not appear to be qrv at his sunrise??

Will look for the ys1 over the next few evenings as it would be a new one
for me.

Appreciate any info on the RM6.

73

Paul (vk3ajj)