TopBand: YB0ARA/9 in 160 meter contest

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: YB0ARA/9 in 160 meter contest
From: ja3aaw@sannet.ne.jp (Takeshi Yoshida)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 12:47:55 +0900
   As for YB0ARA/9 on 21-Jan-98, there were two reports on the Web site
of OH2BUA and on this reflector by W0YG and N4CC.

   I watched 1.8Mhz from 1230z and just Phil YB0ARA/9 was working with
Chas W0YG on 1826.7Khz simplex. (exchanged their names each other).
   Phil had good ears and continued to get USAs those who had not very
trong signals like 559, 569, 579 in JA.
   Not sure but I guess Phil worked one dozen or more of USA on 21-Jan.

   Since I turned off the radio at 1350z, I didn't hear Jo YC0LOW.
If Jo did QRV early time, he would have more USAs then.

   Regarding BY1QH, seemed he had much better ears on 21st than 20-Jan.
On 20-Jan, BY1QH sent sig reports to only two(?) USAs who had solid 599
sig in JA for 40 minutes 1310 - 1350z.
   But BY1 worked with USAs those who had 579, 589 signals in JA side
on 21-Jan.

   Hope the better condx continue through the 160m-contest.

FB DX,     de Yosi JA3AAW