TopBand: FT1000MP Rx Antenna Connections

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: FT1000MP Rx Antenna Connections
From: sire@omen.com.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 06:13:48 +0800
With recent experiments using separate Rx antennas on 160m, my attention was
drawn to the facilities on my FT1000MP for using/switching such an antenna.
What I found was that the description of this facility in the FT1000MP
manual seems to bear scant resemblance to the actual implementation on the
radio!

The manual says there is a single separate Rx Antenna phono socket on the
back of the FT1000MP, whereas in reality there is actually two Rx Antenna
phono sockets - one labelled 'In' and the other 'Out'!

On the basis of past experience with rigs like the IC751A, I would assume
that the one labelled 'In' actually goes to the RX side of the radio (and is
the place to connect an external Rx antenna), whereas the 'Out' is for the
connection of an external RX, or similar.  However, rather than making an
assumption, please could someone enlighten me as to the true situation.

I suspect there are others on this reflector who may be similarly
puzzled/have been puzzled in the past!

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ