TopBand: condx improve

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: condx improve
From: w8car@netohio.net (Dan Kovatch)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 08:26:06 -0800
Could not make myself stay up for EU sunrise on topband so crashed after
hearing only pj5aa. Got up with the doggie and checked for JA and lo and
behold at about 1200 (58 minutes before sunrise) I hr what  might be a
drift beacon but it's sending QSX-but weakly. Soon K8MFO notes on packet
he is hring JA window action. In fifteen minutes the window seem teeming
with ja. Managed to wrk JA4LXY (wins huge signal award) JA3ONB and JH1RES
also hrd but didn't  wrk ja1jrk.
Maybe hope for the BY and the CQWW160 test next weekend!!!

Now, if my amp was only a little bigger and the transmit antenna was only
20 feet higher! (next yr!)

73 Dan
W8CAR
The edge of the blue hole in Castalia,OH