TopBand: 3DA0CA 16/1/98: Bingo!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 3DA0CA 16/1/98: Bingo!
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 09:46:32 +200
>From 3DA0CA:

Fantastic morning on 160...very quiet and signals stable.  I couldn't
believe the propigation into the west coast.  Heard many more than I could
work.   Just look at the results...36 in log.

I even worked 2 on SSB.  I can't do that often as my XYL and kids were still
sleeping and it bothers them when I am on phone.  My shack is in the bedroom
and my kids are down the hall.

The opening went from 0254 to 0335z.  Mabye tomorrow will the be opening to
the SE US.  Same time and Freq.  WIll gun for JA Saturday night/Sunday
morning...if the antenna holds.  1827.5/1908-9.  Will start listening at
1930z and try to stay up till JA sunrise.  Will also listen my usual 5 up.

I put it back up in the tree on the lower branch with bungie cords.  No
telling how long it will stay up but will keep trying as long as it does.

73...jon 3da0ca
Additions to 3DA0CA 160 log from 16/1/98:
OH3LYG
OH3LYG/SSB
OH3SR/SSB
OH3ES
OH3YI
OH3SR
OH7MS
OH8KN
OH8SR
OZ1LO
OM5XX
OZ7YY
OZ3PZ
DL1YD
OZ1BTE
OH9OM
OZ8ABE
OZ1CTK
OZ7C
W0YG
W6AJJ
AJ6T
K6ZZ
K0CS
W0CM
AJ1H
KN6DV
NX0I
W4OWJ
K6SSS
K6RK
K6UT
W6PBI
N6SS
K6UR
N0AT

PS:  (from Chris)
Jon said he'd be on 80 tonight, looking for Europe.  If the
static is tolerable, he will announce a move to 160 around 19:00.  He
uses 1827.5, listening up 5-7 and in the JA band if applicable.

I have suggested a pulley system to tension the antenna, but Jon's
workload makes it difficult to do antenna work.

Good luck!