TopBand: An unusual band

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: An unusual band
From: mjc2@capecod.net (Matt J Cassarino)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 00:15:58 -0500
Well, after reading the reflector for awhile I decided 10 years of
listening was enough. This afternoon I put up an inverted L, 50 feet
vertical and the rest of the 1/4 wave horizontal... with three 33 foot long
radials. Much to my surprise, I worked throughout the Northeast (I know
ZZZZZZZZZ) on SSB and CW with only 25 watts, due to the 3:1 SWR. The fun
didn't stop there. At 0500z came the DX- mind you I could only listen, but
OZ7C was a solid 559, and an SM0, and OK1 also were heard about 539 here in
Massachusetts. Time to work on the 160 antenna... WV1K

                                   Matt