TopBand: 3DA0CA--Murphy Strikes

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 3DA0CA--Murphy Strikes
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 09:28:42 +200
>From 3DA0CA:

The best laid plans of mice and hams.  A late afternoon storm took down my
160 antenna on one end.  Darn... well I have plans to put it up over the
weekend.  I will use a wrist rocket and fishing line to get the durn thing
higher than it was.  Its a pain because there is an 8 foot razor wire fence
behind our house that I have to scale.  Then with the slope of our back
yard, tromp through some tall grass down a steep slope to look up the gum
tree 60 feet.  The worst part is I will be off the air tomorrow morning as
well as Saturday morning (our time).  By then we will probably be in the 160
6 day QSB trough and needing to wait 6 days till it comes back.  By then
another storm will have come up...

Sorry folks, but thats life when you mickey mouse antennas in trees!

73...jon 3da0ca