TopBand: 3DA0CA: Great Morning

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 3DA0CA: Great Morning
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 09:41:39 +200
>From 3DA0CA:

I had a great morning on 160.  Although I was up at 0235z the opening didn't
happen until 0255 with G3PQA the first in the log.  I worked 25 all together
as far west as Colorado (W0AH) and Nebraska (K0HA).  I couldn't believe that
the opening went on 20 minutes after my calculated sunrise.  I did hear some
9s and 8s in the fray.  I called up 5 (1832) but was listening up to 1833
for the midwest.

At one point I was not sure that the stations on 1832+ were calling me.
Would be intersted to know if there was another station calling QSX 32.
Would also be interested to know how deep the QSB took my signals.  QSB on
this end did not make most of the signals unreadable.  The inverted L would
be a great antenna but I just cant afford any more antenna tweeking time.
If this one is usable now that the SWR is flat at 1827 I will keep using it
till it comes down.

I will be on again tomorrow at 0245z at 1827+ - and hope for a similar
opening.  Over the weekend will try to look for JA (when in JA sunrise?)
and OC at their sunrise.  For OC I will try between 2100z and 2200z on 1827.
Will listen on the same freq.  For JA will be listening on 1910.

73 Jon , 3DA0CA