TopBand: LA6WEA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: LA6WEA
From: philk5pc@connect.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 14:33:49 -0600
I finally heard LA6WEA Friday night with help from the gray line boost.
I can certainly relate to N6TR's experiences with the QSB problem.
By the time LA6WEA would finish a CQ, he would disappear for several
minutes. It was truly frustrating to hear the east coasters rag chewing
with him like he was in the next state! The QSB action here in north TX
is very slow...sometimes I would miss several transmissions, and then he
would come up to an honest 5X5 while CQing, only to disappear again.

At least I have finally heard an LA on 160! It only took 43 years.
I have never heard a peep out of any of the other LA's on CW...most
perplexing. All other EU countries are confirmed here. I am on a
small lot here, with only a EWE pointed east, and a 100 foot TX vertical.

Perhaps I will get a QSB peak at the end of a transmission sometime, and
finally get him in the log.

All the best and great DX in '98 to all you Topbanders!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC