TopBand: BY trip update

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: BY trip update
From: price.smith@worldnet.att.net (Harold Smith)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 16:32:12 +0000
A very Happy New Year to all.

Merv K9FD and I will be leaving for Beijing two weeks from today, Jan 13th.
All is ready. We have the tickets, visas, operating licenses, amplifier,
misc connectors, wire, cable and etc.

We will be operating from BY1QH mainly on the low-bands for approximately 10
days as we will be returning to the states and Jan 27.

We have received donations from quite a few stations in five countries. We
do wish to thank all who contributed. We are going to do all possible to
give a BY qso to many people. We are still looking for some more donations.
Please send them to W0RI.

BY1QH is not tied to the JA window. So we will operate at normal
frequencies, such as 1823 up 2 to 3 kHz and also 1830-1835 khz. We will
announce the plan via e-mail after we arrive.

73 for now and we will keep you posted.

Price Smith W0RI
742 Henry Ave
Ballwin, MO 63011