TopBand: radial debate add-ons

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: radial debate add-ons
From: W2pm@aol.com (W2pm)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 07:17:08 EST
In a message dated 97-12-29 21:19:10 EST, n8yel@k8daa.ampr.org writes:

<< My question is this, Since I have no radials on my antenna system, and I
 have a very broarbanded low SWR will radials "enhance" or improve the
 performance of said antenna?  >>

The "broadbanded low SWR" is the signature of very very high losses. Adding a
bent clothes hanger will improve this situation since it cant get much worse.
I add at least a 1/4 wave wire or counterpoise laying on the ground into the
direction of the wire but your tuning will be drastically affected.

(I assumed you have no counterpoise and no radials)
73 Pete