TopBand: EU opening to So. California

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: EU opening to So. California
From: k6se@juno.com (Earl W Cunningham)
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 04:53:30 EST
Hi, all,

I usually don't crow (too much), but it was a great Christmas night on
Topband here.  The opening to EU was so-so, with nothing remarkably
strong, but widespread.  Skip seemed to jump all over the place, with
short openings to one area, then another.

It began at 0357Z with G3RPB, and ended at 0800Z with SM2EKM.  This may
not sound like much to the East-coasters (things are a bit different here
on the Left Coast), but ten different EU countries were worked tonight,
with four of them new ones for me (JW5NM, IV3PRK, RA2FBC, and CT1BOH).

Even NL7Z and KH6AT joined in the chorus, both of them heard calling EU.

Let's hope these condx prevail for the SP Distance Challenge.

73, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all, de Earl, K6SE