TopBand: More morning Eu from USA NorthWest

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: More morning Eu from USA NorthWest
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 09:52:06 -0800 (PST)
This morning, the opening to Europe was there again - and Bob, N7UA,
joined the fun.  SM4HCM appeared and worked both of us, then Bob ran
off RW9YY, OH5VT, OH3ES, OH1NOR and later SM5EDX (and maybe a few
others).  I was only able to hear HCM and NOR.  Interesting that I
heard OH1NOR sign his call twice while N7UA copied OH3ES instead.

Bob says the signals were coming in just west of north.  From here,
the opening was better yesterday.  We will try again tomorrow.
The evening opening last night was okay, but not great.

YB1AQS was also on the band during west coast sunrise (1540Z) on
1829.5.  I believe some Europeans were hearing him.

Great to hear lots of people talking about the Stew Perry contest!
Also, our awards chairman is doing a great job!    Don't forget to
sponsor a plaque for your favorite category.  I also believe
we have a copy of the DXing on the Edge as an award as well
(possibly signed by the author congratulating the winner).

Rules at http://www.contesting.com/n6tr/topband or via return e-mail.
The contest is THIS WEEKEND!!  Also, if you need to know your grid
square, send me your LAT/LON and I will provide it.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com