TopBand: Stew Perry TopBand DX contest Awards

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Stew Perry TopBand DX contest Awards
From: lew@teleport.com (lew@teleport.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 22:00:36 -0800 (PST)
Holiday Greetings from the Awards guy!
    Under the premise that no good turn goes unpunished..This is a notice
that if anybody wishes to sponsor a plaque for the Stew Perry Topband Dx
Challenge- they can certainly do so. If we're lucky we could have
something that could hang on a wall denoting the top 5 finishers, most
number of grids worked, longest Q during the test (dx..not screwing &
unscrewing the exchange..), most grids operated from...you tell me..!
   Put your money where your ideas are. Let me know by E-mail what you're
going to sponsor, then fire a check for $30.00 to my address below made
out to: The Boring Amateur Radio Club.  First come first served.
   I understand this is the Holiday Season and nobody has any extra $ for
foolishness like this...and this is really late...but it would be a nice
touch. We all contest for the hunt, rather than the fox...right??
   Dec. 27, 1997 at 0300Z will be the cutoff time for sponsorships.
   In order to prevent any temporary takeovers of the smaller, un-armed
Commercial radio stations...Award receipients must have spent at least 2
hours making Q's during this Great Contest (tm).
   73 and I remain,
     Lew

         Lew  Sayre   W7EW/W7AT           lew@teleport.com
         P.O.Box  3110                    Fax 503-391-2258
         Salem, Oregon 97302              160M thru 1296MHz