TopBand: Effective antennas for confined spaces

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Effective antennas for confined spaces
From: Karl_RS174461@compuserve.com (Robin Drage)
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 12:54:42 -0500
Hi fellas!

I'm an SWL in England and I'm just getting into the whole idea of 160m. I
don't have a very large garden and was wondering what antennas you would
suggest for receiving you guys in North America.

I currently have a 25m length of wire which passes over a 12m tree in the
back garden. It seems to work OK (I can hear you), but my signal reports do
not compare with the reports European HAMs give to you.

My garden is about 20m long. I cannot put up a mast or tower.

I look forward to receiving your comments.

With the very best of seasonal 73,
Karl - RS174461