TopBand: JAs weak in Oregon

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: JAs weak in Oregon
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 06:17:37 -0800 (PST)
Well - it is about 2 hours before sunrise and I have to go to work.

Finally, after anything you could call a good opening to Europe for
what has seemed like forever (6 weeks), the band came alive.  This
was not a "Great" (tm) opening like some of the ones we had in October,
but it was certainly an opening.

C56/JA1OEM was knocking off the west coast stations around 03:39Z.
Had a pretty solid signal.  Hope we get a similar opening at his
next stop in TZ.

DF2PY (the "European Beacon" tm) starting coming through shortly
after that.  It is rare to have "all" of Europe coming in, and
after QSOs with SP, SM, I, OK and G, that pretty much covers it.
Thought I might have heard some of LZ1UO on SSB, but not sure.

So the first QSO was at 04:52 (SP2FAX) and the last Europen QSO
was at 08:00 (GM3PPE).  Activity seemed to be a little down, probably
because people had to go to work.

Perhaps tomorrow will be even better!

Stew Perry contest coming - http://www.contesting.com/n6tr/topband.

Tree N6TR/7