TopBand: W0RI and K9FDs BY Trip

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: W0RI and K9FDs BY Trip
From: price.smith@worldnet.att.net (Harold Smith)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 23:25:02 +0000
Hello All:

First I want to thank all who contributed, 34 so far. The trip will come off!!
We sure would like to get some donations from some of the Big-Guns. They
say, sure want to work you. As Steve VK6VZ said, " If everybody on the
reflector would send 2 bucks you would have the trip paid for."

We will be arriving in Beijing on Jan 14, via NW airlines direct from
Detroit, non stop. That is a 14.5 hour flight. Snore (:(  We will be staying
at the Holiday Inn Downtown Beijing. If anyone wants the E-Mail address of
BY1QH, I will send it from Beijing. They have a web-site there.

Merv and I will operate from sunset to sunrise at BY1QH. We have the CRSA
license, which allows us to operate at a club station alone. Without the
license, an operator from the club station must be present. David BZ1BM the
President of the Tsinghua University Club will be sleeping when Merv and I
are operating.

Any donations will be appreciated. I sure hope that the band conditions will
be great on 160, 80, 40  and the other bands.

Merv and I will keep all up-dated

73 for now de W0RI Price and Merv K9FD

P.S. We can sign our calls as W0RI/BY1QH, not neccessary, to long!!