TopBand: QTC fde DF2PY

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: QTC fde DF2PY
From: egon@virtual-net.com.br (Egon Boehm)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 09:51:04 -0200
Hi Wolf,

I have experienced these receiving intermod problems with  Yaesu radios.
Usually Yaesu puts some protecting diodes on the receiver front end. No
very strong electric discharges cause these diodes to fail. These diodes
cause the intermodulation, specially when receiver front end is overloaded
with strong BC signals.
Check diodes from antenna input to ground and switching diodes at the input
circuit, as well band switching diodes. Those conducting partially in the
non conducting direction shall be replaced.

73

Egon Boehm
PY2BW
mailto:egon@virtual-net.com.br