TopBand: Boring Report - N6TR

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Boring Report - N6TR
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 06:56:16 -0800 (PST)
Yesterday was very happy to receive an OX3FV QSL card - the CBA direct
worked great (took about 2 weeks).  Guess this removed my fear of it
being a bootleg station!  Nice stamps too.

To top it off, ZP5/N3BNA made it in the log (thanks NI6T for the
encouragement).  I initially could not hear Dale at all - but he
was being heard in W6 land.  Finally, he started coming up some
around 06:30 and I was able to work him at 06:55.  This leaves
CX, 8R and PZ on mainland South America unworked.

My European QSO total for November is one.  It has felt like a
big blanket is on the band.  It has been interesting how bad
the band is compare to how good it was in September and October.
Maybe there is more to the high sunspots affecting 160 than I
would like to believe.

ZS6EZ reports that WF5E worked as a QSL route for EU6AF.  I
will give this one a try.  Has anyone else tried this?

See you in the 160 and Stew.  Rules for the second running of the
Stew Perry contest can be found at
http://www.contesting.com/n6tr/topband/.

73 Tree N6TR / K7RAT
tree@contesting.com