TopBand: 5A2A

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 5A2A
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 23:16:54 -0500 (EST)
        Dieter DL3KDV is doing an outstanding job from 5A2A!  He's
alternating between 80 and 160, sends calls several times, makes
sure everything is correct and then sends his own call at the end
of each QSO and announces where he's listening.  What a pro!  He
even asks for USA every now and then.

        If any of you need 5A on 160, watch for Dieter the next few
days.  They had a good signal at my sunset but were working mainly
Europeans.  Around 0300 he had a fair 559 here and worked a bunch of
East Coast guys.  I predict he will have a GREAT signal before his
sunrise at 0530 and will probably work all the way to the West Coast.
Good luck to everyone on working Zone 34 on 160!

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  I think he is using the Titanex vertical with a moderate amplifier.