TopBand: Condx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Condx
From: k9fd@htc.net (Merv Schweigert)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 09:31:43 -0600 (CST)
        Have to agree conditions were very good to the Mississippi river
last nite.  Started early hearing some weak europeans here at 3:30 local
time being worked by VE1ZZ.  Signals kept increasing at our sunset, and
shortly after FH/DJ1RL became very copyable around 0000Z to 0100Z.
        Later 4X4NJ was loudest I have ever heard him peaking 599 here.
Many europeans on the band with s8 to s9 signals.
        The farmer next to my property had just finished the field work
for the year and I had a chance to run my 500 foot beverage to 45 degs.
Was just in time for the opening, but dont think I really needed it
with the signals that were heard.  Now to run the 90 and 130 degree
wires, will almost be ready for the snow to fly.

        As a side note, many thanks to all who have helped us out
so far with the BY trip, it is really appreciated.  Being an old fart
retired and all, your contributions are really appreciated.  Any one
else so inclined to give a few bucks we need it soon as to wrap up
the final details.  As things finalize will put out some bulletins as
to times/freqs and skedules.  We will do our best to work as many as
conditons permit, and our Chinese friends will allow us.  Look forward
to hearing those familiar calls in the pileups.  73 Merv K9FD