TopBand: ZL7AA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZL7AA
From: George.Guerin@kellogg.com (George Guerin)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 17:10:01 -0500
     Is the group still QRV?  I heard nothing of them this morning at 9:30,
     10:30 and 11:30 zulu.

     Yesterday, although they were being well copied in Ontario and
     Wisconsin, the copy was marginal at my QTH in Michigan in the Snow and
     Ice.  I stayed with them from just before 1000z when the power came
     back on through local sunrise.

     If they had been as much as R3 copy I would have called in the JA
     window on 1911 or so to try to get a contact.  That is the way I got a
     couple of Pacific Islands over the last few years.  (My L net tuner
     does a good job of matching the antenna impedance to 50 ohms)

     Thanks for any information,        George          K8GG