TopBand: Windom Antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Windom Antenna
From: yc0low@ibm.net (Jo,yc0low)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 23:27:13 +0700
Dear topbander friends,
So far I got two replies from: Wayne, W4MPY, and John, G3PQA for my
question about performance of Windom antenna on top band. I thank you very
much. Below are their messages. Hpe is useful to others.

John, G3PQA, wrote:
>> Hi Jo,
>Many years ago when I was first licenced (1963 - 67) I used an inverted
>V windom on 160, but found that it worked best with the feed only 11ft
>(3.5m.) off centre. It appears to work well as a cross between a T and
>dipole, with medium Z reactive feed. 270ft top.>>

73 de Jo, YC0LOW, P.O. Box 147, Cinere 16514, Indonesia.
mailto:yc0low@ibm.net mailto:yc0low@qsl.net
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/3922554