TopBand: Kick off @ gw4veq

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Kick off @ gw4veq
From: tony@gwyepu.demon.co.uk (Tony Wyn Jones)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 17:39:36 +0100
>From GW4VEQ:

Helo Topbanders,

Last night, I managed to get 160m going in readyness for the Winter
season. According to spots on the cluster, condx. have been quite good.

1st DX of the new season was FH/DJ2BW, a new country! Then came KL7XX
at 23:55 (tnx gm4bes), according to my info, this was 2.5 hrs before his
expected sunset? Then, a quick run into NA (abt 30 stns), before netting
DL7DF/HR3 for another new country.....zzz @ 02:10z.

Up again at 04:30z, and worked K0HA (genuine 10 over 9!), followed by
AA0RS & KL7XX for a second time. N6TR/7 was s9 @ 06:30z, and he even
heard me a few minutes later running 5w into a 300ft length of coax to
the aerial. It was nice to hear Bryce KH6AT calling in at 06:33z (tnx
N6TR), and we swapped reports ok. Some W8's & K7BG then before Bryce
(KH6AT) replied to my cq call @ 06:52 (he was solid 559 then). Finished
the early morning stint off with ZL4WA, K1HTV (tnx fr spotting me
earlier), and W3UR.

All in all, a fine start to my season.

I've replied to all my GW4VEQ cards, and am now getting on to the GW6J,
GW7J & GI7J qsl's.....bear with me folks, I'm slowly getting there.

73 de  T O N Y .. GW4VEQ
--
Tony Wyn Jones