TopBand: BY DXpedition

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: BY DXpedition
From: price.smith@worldnet.att.net (Harold Smith)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 18:03:34 +0000
Merv (K9FD) and Price (W0RI) are planning a trip to Beijing, P.R. China in
November, December 1997 or January 1998. The purpose is two fold.

Number one is to hand carry an Ameritron AL-811 amplifier to BY1QH. (160-10
meters)

Number two is. We are planning to operate from BY1QH for one week mainly on
160 meters, but also on other bands when 160 is not open. We will be
operating during mutual darkness periods. IE: Sunrise USA will be dark in
Beijing and the path will be in total darkness. Of course we will be on at
the correct times to work other parts of the world.

BY1QH has a full size 160 meter dipole at 110 feet (35 meters).

We are looking for contributions, as we anticipate the cost of the trip to
be between 4500 and 5000 US dollars.

Please send what you can to:

W0RI Price Smith
742 Henry Ave
Ballwin, MO 63011
U.S.A.

If for some reason the trip does not happen, we will return all donations
over 5 dollars. The remaining will go into the QSL/Equipment fund for BY1QH.

Merv K9FD will do the QSL chores as he has since June 1997 for BY1QH.

We are looking forward to putting BY into many logs on TOP-BAND !!