TopBand: Montana report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Montana report
From: W7lr@aol.com (W7lr@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 09:10:14 -0400 (EDT)
Like KF7E I cant match N6TR's results but still it was a good night. Lots of
loud and long EU stns.  Also OX3FV was a new one.  I see he is listed in the
call book - is that the best route or does he have a manager?  In my aluminum
acres (actually less than an acre) there isnt room for Beverages, so built a
dual EWE.  It is aimed at EU and is 50' lengths, 12' high, and 140' spacing.
 With some preamp gain the signals are the same as on my 90' vertical and the
noise level is about 2 s units less - so it made the difference in working
some of the dx.  Plan on building another dual EWE for NW (XU, XV etc -
dreamer!)  Like W7KW, waiting for the KH5.  Poor trip planning as will be
away for KH5K.  73 Bob W7LR