TopBand: Nebraska

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Nebraska
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 08:48:34 -0700
NI6T wrote:

> If there is little or no California participation, is it really
> a West Coast opening, or is it an opening to sevenland? I guess
> it is relative--last week, K1ZM seemed to think Nebraska was on
> the West Coast...

Nebraska --

  People east of here think that Nebraskans hop on their horses to
go surf in the Pacific Ocean...

  People west of here think that NE must either be New Hampshire, or
at least be their neighbor and that Nebraska is named after past
British Royalty...

  But the Oxford grads are smarter and know that since Nebraska and
Ohio are both said to be "in the midwest" they must be neighbors...

  We just get no respect...

73,  Bill     K0HA    (located in the west/east/midwest)