TopBand: Back to normal.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Back to normal.
From: gu3whn@guernsey.net (Mike Sloan)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 17:39:03 +0100
The minor problem with the Paragon has now been cleared up, due entirely
to superb support from Don at Ten-tec Service Department who pointed me
in the right direction.  Some joints on the underside of the Minor Loop
Board had dried out.

Tested the rig last night around Europe and reports seemed fine.

The rust is beginning to flake off the bearings of the key although it
does send one or two unexplained dits and dahs from time to time.  The
other thing it does is freeze on receive for the odd one or two seconds.

Worked Bill KL7XX, used to be Alaska..... now not so sure, at around
0455z this morning.  539 here with a 559 to me.  No other W stations
apparent.  He called me on his own frequency but many of the Eu's did
not hear him come back to me.  Moved a Kc up and he kindly followed.

Sunrise 0635, but that may by London time. Add a few minutes if it is!

Saturday morning next time on, all things being equal.  Lots of 'local'
calls, who I would be delighted to work when the DX window is not open,
are very enthusiastic and reply to my CQ DX call so please hang on in
there.  I will try to do my best by all.

Thank you for the direct QSL's.  I try to answer within a day or so.
The stamp really helps.

OK in Callbook or PO Box 100, Guernsey, via UK (collect usually weekly)

IOTA EU114,  WAB WV38 Vale.

73's and thank you all for your support and kindness.

Mike  gu3whn@guernsey.net