TopBand: MICRO-SWA FROM W1WCR/VIC MISEK'S BOOK

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: MICRO-SWA FROM W1WCR/VIC MISEK'S BOOK
From: N7CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net (dennis g. peterson)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 18:19:35 -0500
Hi all;  As I have misplaced my book on the SWA short beverage antennas,
I would like someone to send me a reply direct as to how the micro SWA is
working.   With 2-wires 60 feet long and broken in the center so that there
are two sections each 30 feet long; I need to know since one set of wires
is oriented at 30 degrees NE and the other two are oriented 210 SW.  What
direction if any are these wires receiving or supposed to receive?  Are these
two sets of wires 180 degrees out of phase, and if so; then which direction
are they receiving in?  I have the phase control unit that employs the
pattern
direction switch, the phase reversal switch, the subtraction/reflection
switch,
the 500 ohm amplitude potentiometer, a 0-420mmf cap, and a band select
switch.  Can someone plkease tell the function of each switch and what they
should be doing?   If there is a means of testing using a signal of sorts,
please
advise with details.   Please be as specific and detailed as possibale when
replying to my request.  I will be leaving for a short HONEYMOON Vacation
this Sunday in the Carribbean aboard one of the Norwegian Cruise Lines
Vessels.
I will be back on the 26th.   I would really like to test this system out
before I
leave if anyone has a reply.

PLEASE DIRECT ALL REPLY'S TO ME AT MY E-MAIL ADDRESS OF:
N7CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net

Thank You ind advance and good DX to all 73s de N7CKDennis
 -
 ---