TopBand: Minor problem.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Minor problem.
From: gu3whn@guernsey.net (Mike Sloan)
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 08:27:26 +0100
Heard K8ND, Jeff, load and clear at 0600z Friday morning just as I was
on my way out of the door. Thought I would give a call this morning.
Went on between 0500z and 0700z.  Not a squeak at this QTH from anywhere
other than EU and one EA8.

It is the squeak my side that is a problem.  I have had three reports of
occasional instability on my signal during the past 12 hours.  Two on CW
and one on Fone.  The rig is a very much loved Ten-tec Paragon 585.  The
old girl is about 10 years old now.  I use the lowest drive possible, 15
to 20 watts, into a Titan 425 which I understand is a special export
model, of the same age.  This gives me around 375 watts out.

I have just reset the microprocessor and will be looking for critical
reports of any further cases.  The rig did go down a few months ago but
it still had the original nicad fitted and this had simply given up....!
One station remarked that there have been one or two reports of similar
instability with my type of rig and I would positively welcome any
comments in an attempt to clear things up.

Kind regards es Best 73

Mike

 -
 ---