TopBand: ZD7MY would activate St.Helena

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZD7MY would activate St.Helena
From: K0FF@nemonet.com (K0FF)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 97 17:58:19 CDT
Barrie is interested in activating St.Helena, but has a shortage of even the
simplest material to erect an antenna. Also he states the equivalent wages
there are equal to about $60.00 USD per week.
Any help he could get would be appreciated. He has an Icom 735  and no AMP, and
can't even get coax or wire locally. Anyone who could help him with even the
simplest material  (spools of wire, coax, antenna material etc)would be
appreciated. I am not involved personally, nor do I have any connection to him,
we just had a nice long QSO on 12 meters and I told him that I would pass on
the word to the comunity. He seemed very interested in obtaining an Icom 706
used to spruce up his shack, but I have no idea what he is can afford to pay.
Anyone know of a way to get him some donated equipment? He states that he is
the ONLY HAM active on the island, and that he is there for the long haul, as
he is a native.

Thanks and 73 GEO (K0FF)

 -
 ---