TopBand: 160M Condx 6 Oct 0300-0630z

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160M Condx 6 Oct 0300-0630z
From: K1ZM@aol.com (K1ZM@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 12:25:42 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Guys

Well the propagation Gods seem to have come full-circle again!

Last night 160M produced some spectacular over the pole openings from Europe
into W6 and W7 for at least several hours.

While there wasn't a whole lot of volume to be worked, signals levels were
quite good and I heard K0HA and N7UA having a blast working Eu after Eu.

I also heard many other W6 and W7 stns joining the fun as well

Curiously enough, this prop seemed to go right over me here in NY as I called
one station and worked him  - an LA9 who gace me a 459 report while he had
been giving the 6's and 7's much better reports.  Another station who was
getting no callers I called - and he didn't even hear me at all.

Several other East coast guys and I spotted all we heard for the guys out
West to call - and I think it may have helped out a bit.  I finally nodded
off around 0530Z - it was still going on then and from the spots I saw when I
woke up again around 10Z, it seemed like K0HA had had a fun night.

Congrats to all - it was fun listening in to the far West have what must have
been a GREAT night!  Hope u have more of them this season.

73 Jeff K1ZM@aol.com
 -
 ---