TopBand: Auroral Activity

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Auroral Activity
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 06:51:55 -0400 (EDT)
The following is from WWV via W3UR's The Daily DX:

"Auroral activity is expected to reach storm levels on 27 September
following the arrival of a series of coronal mass ejections that were
associated with a major and several minor solar flares over the last
24 hours.  At least two or three disturbances are likely to impact the
next 3 to 5 days.  This is expected to be one of the better
opportunities to view auroral activity from the middle latitudes."

Watch 160 carefully the next few days.  At the onset of flares, conditions
are sometimes enhanced greatly.  My station is under reconstruction and
I am QRL with my new fiance.  This will ENSURE fantastic conditions over
the coming weekend!

73,  Bill  W4ZV

 -
 ---