TopBand: Pimping On 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Pimping On 160
From: jhenders@zianet.com (Jim Henderson)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 14:54:40 +0000
RE:

>I guess this is a philosophical question: if so many of us look down our
>noses at "list" operations on other bands, where the operator must be
>"carried" in order to make a QSO, do we see some difference on 160?

        Gentlemen, I don't know any of the people involved in this, and mean
no insult. But I heartily agree. I have had to use a list on occasion when
the DX didn't speak English, or ONLY showed up on a buddy's net. But I do
hate to see this corruption gain more acceptance.

        And ESPECIALLY if it is done on CW, the last refuge of the gentleman
and true DXer that makes his own success....

73 de Jim
KF7E et al
Jim Henderson

jhenders@zianet.com