TopBand: 160M ZK1XXP wkg many

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160M ZK1XXP wkg many
From: dz@VOA.GOV (Dick Zwirko)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 06:38:45 -0400
Well, looks like the ZK1XXP crew got their 160M station up and running
and fine tuned. Worked them this morning for #157 with 100 Watts from
this Maryland QTH. The op was working stations at a rapid clip at
25-30 WPM, usually repeating calls at the beginning and end of QSO
to confirm them. Really sharp!

They appeared to show up around 0930Z. I was awaken by my own voice
on the FM clock radio, timed to go on at 09Z, monitoring the QRPP
FM wireless xmttr. I had the Winpack (freeware) packet monitoring
software monitoring the local KE3Q DX Cluster. When W3MC did the
ZK1XXP putout it was voiced by the computer's Sounblaster which fed
the FM wireless xmtter and WAV files of Z.K.1.X.X.P. letters eminated
from my bedroom speaker. Isn't technology wonderful, hi.

As I write this note at 1035Z, ZK1XXP is still on 1822KHz working
North America but the pig farmers just showed up on SSB a KHz or 2 higher.
The op seems to be QSX 1824-1827 to pick a quiet freq and go at it.
73 de Rich - K1HTV
dz@voa.gov

 -
 ---