TopBand: More on VK9WM

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: More on VK9WM
From: ni6t@best.com (Garry & Yelena)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 22:58:33 -0700
Tree N6TR wrote:

> Oh - BTW - worked DF2PY last night - he had a very fluttery signal
> here - hard to copy without slowing down.  Also heard F6FGZ, but
> not as well.  Not good CDX - just less noise finally.
>
> At 10:15, my cat woke me up with nothing on 1809 - I thought I had
> her trained better.  Worked them on 40 meter SSB, and asked about
> 160.  They first responded "in one hour", but then changed to
> "in two minutes".
>
> I could maybe hear their signal a little.  K6RK worked him and
> I heard K1ZM calling, but I am not sure any other QSOs took place
> (wonder if I am in the log from the K6RK QSO).
>
> So - the good news - they are willing to QSY there!  I am going back
> to bed and try again at 1300Z so conditions can improve.
>
> They were on 7198 simplex.
>
> 73 Tree N6TR
> tree@contesting.com
>  -
Not even a whisper here in the canyon, at any of the many times I got up
to listen. Heard Chuck's QSO, and also W2UE/7 and N6FF, but only this
side of them. There were a few others calling from time to time--K9UWA,
NR0X, K9JF/7, W7AWA---but I dunno if any were successful.

I sure hope things improve! Where is this vaunted West Coast advantage
to the Pacific? (There sure was not one from Conway Reef). Are we to be
waxed by east coasters and so-called Black Holers yet again? No other VK
heard here, either.

--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
Visit the Northern California DX Club home page: