TopBand: BOUNCE topband@contesting.com: Non-member submission from [R

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: BOUNCE topband@contesting.com: Non-member submission from [RalphFedor <rfedor@cloudnet.com>]
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 17:02:31 -0400 (EDT)
Aapproved: w0zv
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 23:14:56 -0500
To: topband@contesting.com
From: Ralph Fedor <rfedor@cloudnet.com>
Subject: Battle Creek Special: Homeward Bound

Hi Topbanders --

The 20 ft. sea container containing the gear I shipped to Heard Island last
fall arrived back at my QTH on  Sept. 2.  Since leaving here last fall it
has traveled around the world.

One of the pieces of "precious cargo" aboard was the Battle Creek Special
antenna which W0CD, W8UVZ, and K8GG loaned to us after specially
constructing the antenna to withstand the rigors of Heard.  It too has
circled the globe.  I shipped it back to W0CD on Friday.

If you worked Heard on 160, you probably owe your contact to W0CD, K8GG, and
W8UVZ.

George, Charlie, and George -- your baby is on its way home.  Thank you for
the enormous contribution you made to our Topband effort from Heard Island.

73 -
Ralph  -  K0IR