TopBand: Lord Howe DXpedition

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Lord Howe DXpedition
From: watchman@tig.com.au (VK2ICV)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 00:00:32 +1000
Dear friends,
I'm looking for someone who could join me
on the Lord Howe Is. (VK9L) during CQWW  C - CW part in November.
Departure is planed for Nov.25th ex Sydney.Costs: $2500US per person
incl. flight,7 day accommodation (nothing fancy, but right on the beach)
and breakfast. The main  goal of this mini-DXpedition is  low-band
activity before and after the contest. Do not expect thousands of qso's
and big pile-ups! There will be  no easy contacts -only blood and sweat!
To qualify for this masochistic journey, you must be a
cw freak and low-band maniac. This expedition means only hard work
without
 public reword and, even worse, most likely we will operate under
my callsign: VK2ICV/LH. Operating environment is unknown and  chances
for
failure are extremely high so everything could  go wrong!
But if we are lucky, we will return to Sydney with empty pockets
and nice long list of Europeans and  US East coast in the log...
I also urgently need following:
1. Relevant information from someone who had operated from Lord Howe Is,
2. Someone who is willing to hire: light mast for a tribander; coax
and  vertical  for 80/160;
Your general input is welcome, too.

I must have your answer as soon as possible, definitely before the
Tuesday 16th of September.
Thanks,
Nick VK2ICV

"Who's Who on the TopBand"