TopBand: An opening at last!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: An opening at last!
From: gregsmi@dbn-pop.iafrica.com (gregsmi@dbn-pop.iafrica.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 08:05:21 +0000
Morning all!

Managed to wake up early this morning.  Down into the shack at 0245,
turn on the rig.  S9+++ QRN !   Put out a CQ anyway.   Nothing, just
QRN. QSY to 80m, wkd an LZ, but plenty QRN hr as well.  W8SS vy loud.

0315 back to topband.  CQ agn.  ??CA,  4CA or VCA?  Sri QRN ur prefix
agn.  Still ??CA.  Only audible on the NW Beverage, so probably NA,
but no cpi.  Sri 73 cul.  Must ask the neighours if I can extend the
Beverage along their fence.

0355 WP4U on 40m.

0410 back to topband.  Sunrise on the nose.  QRN down to S8.  CQ
again.  W1WAS followed by K1VW.  Tks guys fer 1st and 2nd NA
topband for me from ZS5.  K1VW peaked to 589 at the end of the QSO.

May the SFI continue to do its stuff.

73 de Greg, ZS5K.