TopBand: Tuesday morning de Colorado

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Tuesday morning de Colorado
From: W0AH@aol.com (W0AH@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 15:30:45 -0400 (EDT)
Topbanders:
It's relatively quiet at local sunrise with only intermittant S6-8 static
crashes.
This morning exchanged 559 with Geoff, VK2OI at 1222 UTC and then called CQ.
 Couldn't believe it when Jack, ZL4WA, answered my 150 watts!  Country #84 on
160. Listened up in the JA window, but heard nil this morning. JA0MVW had a
good signal a few mornings ago.   Evenings is another story. Incessant 59+++
static crashes.  Almost incentive enough to put back up the NE beverage, but
I'm still recovering from the hay fever attack after adding radials on
Monday.   Who ever heard of 5' grass (it's still green and growing) at 9000'
elevation in Colorado.  We've got it after record rainfalls these past two
months.  CU on the band tonight and tomorrow morning.
Doug  W0AH