TopBand: Sunrise in Texas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Sunrise in Texas
From: sears@rell.com (sears@rell.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 08:09:33 -0500
     Well I got myself up just in time for some Greyline DX. Turned the rig
     and Amp on to hear VK6HD calling CQ. Worked him at 12:41Z, he was 559.
     Then I decided to call CQ and was called by VK3QI, he was a ear
     popping 599 by the end of the QSO. I turned the array (actually just
     flipped some switches) to the Northwest and received a call from
     UA0KAG. Someone to my Southwest heard him calling me before I did, but
     he eventually came out of the noise.

     Nothing like some early morning DX to put a smile on your face. By the
     way, VK6HD are you in zone 29? If so,  could you eemail your QSL info
     off line. Looks like this year will be a good one.

     Peter
     W5PS (ex-WB2ULI)