TopBand: Boring report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Boring report
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 10:48:37 -0700 (PDT)
This will be more Boring (sorry - my last post was too exciting for some).

Band continues to be very noisy in the evening.  No DX signals were
heard last night (not even G4VFU/mm).  VK6VZ was there again this
morning - had to leave early so I missed any shot at UN5J.  Maybe
N7UA was around then.

It seems CX4SS might be my best shot for CX.  Maybe when the band
quiets down, I can work him around my sunset.  Sure would be nice
he got on at his sunrise someday, but that doesn't seem to be his
pattern.

Glad to see many of the Europeans returning to the band.  Hope we
get an opening tonight (and some relief to the QRN).

Some have asked (again) about the Stew Perry results...  these will
be published (soon) in the CQ CONTEST magazine.  When this happens,
the results will also come up on the web.  I am a novice at understanding
timing of results on various mediums.  This seemed like the best
approach (at the time).  Perhaps we will just go with internet
reporting next time.

The rules for the next one can be found on my topband homepage
(http://www.contesting.com/n6tr/topband.html).  It will be held
on December 27th/28th (same weekend as last year).

73 Tree N6TR / K7RAT
tree@contesting.com