TopBand: subbands on 160, and KH0AA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: subbands on 160, and KH0AA
From: mystc@ix.netcom.com (mystc@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 07:36:28 -0700
The problem here is that many of these freqs (up to, and above 1900) are
already occupied.
In all fairness..the ssb contests are just as intrusive.
It seems to me that contests on 160 (and other bands) produce a
situation
whereby good operating practice AND good engineering practice are
"thrown out the window", not to mention that some of these activities
are in actual violation of the rules.
I am not against reasonable proposals that might help with DXing, but
any proposals that are made to benefit contesters at the expense of
DXers and rag-chewers, is to me a waste...as it benefits a limited
number of amateurs, many of whom ONLY operate during the contests.

Jim, n4mxz