TopBand: Condx 12 March (Sunday evg in USA)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Condx 12 March (Sunday evg in USA)
From: john.rogers@mcmail.com (John Rogers)
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 06:54:35 -0700
Band open as far as Nevada. Heard K7CA 449 working IT9ZGY about 0400 and
worked Dave AA0RS 579/569 at 0410. EM1HO good signal and lots of east
coast and several W8. I was calling on 1824 and IT9ZGY, DF2PY, DJ7MI
active up the band. Condx to west best 20 mins before sunrise (0417) as
has been regular at this time of year.
Unusual condx in that EM1HO to south peaked 10 minutes after sunrise.
Surprised to work ZS2LL peaking 15 mins after my sunrise on 9th May. Can
anyone guess the mode of propagation? Ducting along edge of greyline?
73's
John
G3PQA