TopBand: Re: McCoys response

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: McCoys response
From: n5nug@ix.netcom.com (Ed Goodman)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:30:59 -0500
Tom, in all of your wisdom and antenna experience, please tell me what
the field strength in millivolts per meter should be for a 31' tall
vertical antenna that is excited at 1 KW as read at 1 kilometer. This is
taking into consideration a good radial system.

Also, tell me what your 1/4 w/l antenna produces as a field under the
specified conditions above. I am asking for real data as verified by a
third party to the tests. You always seem to use your antennas for a
reference, including your mobil whip, so show us the real numbers.

An antenna's efficency is measured in the real world by the amount of
energy radiated in to free space. This is the most common way the FCC
has to tell if a broadcast station is performing to specifications. The
field strength measurements are the only way to see if the antenna is
working or not. Do you agree or disagree? Models and theory are only
good on paper, but the practical point here is does an antenna radiate
effectively or not.

So, for a change give me the numbers I have ask for and I will respond
accordingly.

Also, Mr. Bob Hoberling a senior physist at the labs, would take offense
to you calling him a lab technician. Ed Goodman N5NUG

--
          Uni-Hat CTSVR
160, 80, 40 & 17 Meter Vertical