TopBand: Very Boring

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Very Boring
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 06:56:59 -0700 (PDT)
This morning I heard a QSO between VK8TM and VK8RC on 1825 SSB.  They
didn't seem to be pausing long enough to let anyone break in.  This
was around 1300Z.  They were both pretty strong (a couple of S-units
above my high noise level - it is raining).

Called a number of CQs with no answers.  It is just too late at night
into most of the places where there are lots of people to get much
activity.

Listened for the T30 on 40, but I guess I just missed him.  Has anyone
heard him on 160?  Haven't seen any spots there.  Perhaps this is going
to be a tough one to work.

I also bumped into HL0Z calling CQ on 40 - asked about 160, but he said
SRI.  Sure would be nice to get an active HL station on the band.

Saw a spot for BS7H/mm.  That should liven up the band sometime this week!

73 Tree N6TR/7
tree@contesting.com