TopBand: N6TR Report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: N6TR Report
From: larrytx@co.intel.com (LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 08:38:43 -0700 (PDT)
DF2PY was worked by N7UA last night.  He was starting to come up
out of the noise around 04:15, when I had a phone call to answer.

A few dits and dahs from IT9ZGY about an hour before that.  There
isn't much time between sunset and European sunrise any more.  But
it is great hearing Europe at all so far after the Equinox.  This
correlates to sometime in late August!

This morning VK5RD answered my CQ with a good signal.  VK6ABL called
about 15 minutes after "sunrise" with a weaker watery signal, but
it is always a treat to work zone 29.

In all cases, the dipole was the antenna of choice.  It was even
stronger on transmit to VK5RD.  On receive, he was well above the
noise on the dipole, and in the noise, almost no copy, on the vertical.

73 Tree N6TR/7
tree@contesting.com