TopBand: SV2ASP/A QRV?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: SV2ASP/A QRV?
From: bernd@osf101.infotechnik.com (Bernd Koch)
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 18:52:52 +0200 (MET DST)
On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, AA1K jon zaimes wrote:

>  I've seen packet spots for SV2ASP/A the past few days on 20 meters. Does
> anyone know if Monk Apollo is still QRV on 160?

Yes, Monk Apollo still has a 160m antenna but is only occasionally active
on Topband and so far -- only on SSB. As far as I remember his last Topband
activities were in early January this year and January last year and at an
other date also last year. His signal isn't "loud", even in Central Europe.

The situation down there is that Monk Apollo is very busy with helping
to build another monastery. This keeps him away from radio activity. The
other thing is that he's very bad at CW but has received a CW DSP decoder
which will be helpful for Topband QSOs.

The best thing to do is to catch him on 80/Phone in the winter season and
ask him to QSY to 160. He was rather active on 80/Phone the past season.

73 and gl, Ben, DF3CB.

E-mail: df3cb@infotechnik.com