TopBand: TNX INFO

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: TNX INFO
From: john.devoldere@innet.be (John Devoldere)
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 08:57:51 +0000
Dear Enrique:

Oops. I honestly thought your question was meant as an April 1st joke. Well,
at least I was not the only one to have though so...

I had no intention at all to offend you, but asking for the correlation
between MHz (frequency) and uH (inductance) seemed so "unreal" that I could
not at all interprete it as a "real" question.

Now that I knmow that you operate from a kitchen, cvan you help me with the
conbversion from patatoes to peas, please? ... You see it is danger to post
anything to to ask questions around April 1st!

You don't have to be sorry, Enrique. A few of us had a good laugh. Not so
much with your question, but with the different asnwers I saw. If you please
explain in a few more words what is your probblem with the MHz and the uH,
than I can try to help.

If you add Ohms to it, I know what you want" What is the inductance of a
coil (in uH) which hjas a certain impedance (in ohm) at a given frequency
(in MHz). Is that the question? Then the answer is:

Z (ohm)  = 2 x Pi x F (MHz) x L (uH)

or L (uH) = Z (ohm) / ( 2 x Pi x F (Mhz))

Z is the impedance of the coil

Was that what you were looking for, Enrique? If that is the question, I am
sure that must have been part fo your readio-amateur exam theory package, hi.

73

John, On4UN

>Hi all,
>I was asking for a MHz to uH/uH to MHz conversion in my last MSG. OK, I did
>receive a lot of stuff about that, Tnx to those guys they really understand
>me, and sent their support, now I will learn somthing. I did receive another
>kind of stuff aswell, definitly NOW I will learn..! TNX John, I read your MSG
>three times! Where did I read something like "...I am a professional
>electronic engineer..." ?? Good to know, but not everybody is as professional
>as others!! And have I seen aswell "...FRIENDLY:.....friendly advice and
>counsel to the beginer;kindly assistance...", in some other book..? No, I
>didn't learn about that in my exam to amateur-radio, John.
>And how about others expecting conversions between apples and pinneapples..!
>Well, if you asked me for another conversion, maybe I could help you, since I
>operate from a kitchen..!
>
>Here I learnt two things: One can ask for unknown things, and been replayed
>for nice guys, and second shut your mouth and never get the right thing, 8best
>thing to do as someone can think!)
>
>Sorry for wasted bandswidth, but I though it was necessary to point it.
>
>73/EA6ACC
>                   ----------------------------
>                   Replays to: Enric. EB6AOK
>                   Mailto:eb6aok@jet.es
>                  ----------------------------
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
>Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-topband@contesting.com

john.devoldere@innet.be
Call us in all major 1997 contests: ON4UN or OT7T
John Devoldere (ON4UN-AA4OI)
P.O.BOX 41
B-9000 Ghent (Belgium)