TopBand: Solar Cycle 23

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Solar Cycle 23
From: rcluet@most.fw.hac.com (R. Carl Luetzelschwab)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 22:06:04 -0500
W4ZV mentioned the Associated Press article that predicts low solar activity
for Cycle 23.  If this is the one I saw in January, then it did indeed
predict low solar activity.  But the last several paragraphs said their
predictions may not be too good, as the prevoius cycles didn't do what they
expected.

For another prediction (by a group of international scientists with the
methodology of the prediction discussed in detial) take a look at the
following web site -  http://www.sel.noaa.gov/info/Cycle23.html.  It
predicts that Cycle 23 will be similar to the last couple cycles - big.

Which one is right?  We'll find out in a year or two (I hope).

Carl K9LA

R. Carl Luetzelschwab  Mail Stop: 25-71   Phone: 219-429-4338
Fax: 219-429-5585  E-mail: rcluet@most.fw.hac.com
Hughes Defense Communications, 1010 Production Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808-4106